In keeping with our sister school in the UK, Repton School Dubai takes provision for sport seriously. We are endeavouring to develop a regional and international reputation for excellence in sport but equally are keen to ensure that a broad range of activities and opportunities are offered to each Reptonian, regardless of their aptitude and ability. Regular inter house matches in a variety of sports allow each pupil to experience competitive sport, whilst a full fixture list of inter school matches stretches the more experienced performers.
The main sports at Repton are rugby, football, swimming, cricket, athletics, basketball for boys and netball, football, swimming, athletics, basketball, rounders for girls.
All pupils benefit from having specialist teachers for PE lessons and at present the department consists of ten PE specialists including Apollo Perelini (ex Samoa, St. Helens, Sale Sharks) as Director of Sports. In Year 10 pupils have the opportunity to follow an IGCSE course in Physical Education.
Facilities for Sport.
In keeping with our big plans for sport at Repton Dubai the facilities are outstanding and bear comparison with any school in Dubai, or indeed the Middle East. Facilities at the school include:
1. Two floodlit Tiger Turf pitches (which can be used equally well for football, cricket and full contact rugby);
2. Two full sized basketball court air conditioned Sports Halls with markings for various sports as well as indoor cricket nets, bowling machine and a climbing wall;
3. Indoor heated 25metre six lane competition swimming pool with anti wave lane ropes;
4. Two further covered multi sports areas (each the size of two tennis courts) with markings for basketball, netball, tennis, volleyball and 5-a-side football;
5. Three floodlit tennis courts;
6. Dedicated weight training and cardio rooms;
These facilities will be improved still further with future development including an additional swimming pool, multi- purpose hall and further changing facilities.